North Carolina Newspapers is powered by Chronam.
Page 12-THE NEWS-December, 1988
Kids’ CAJE Page
A creative project of the
Carolina Agency for Jewish Education
This Is Your Page
“The Kids’ CAJE Page” welcomes your original, creative
puzzles, games, rebuses, kid-style recipes, artwork, arts
and crafts projects, stories and other contributions. Our
next issue will appear in the April CJN issue, just in time
for Passover 1989. Any Passover submissions must be
received on or before February 28, 1989. CAJE reserves
the right to edit submissions. Entries can not be returned;
all entries become the property of the Carolina Agency for
Send your entries to:
KIDS' CAJE Page
1727 Providence Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
Make a Menorah
“That’s Good Enough to Eat”
1. Use a banana as a base. Peel it. Dip it in lemon juice.
2. Place 9 toothpicks, evenly spaced, along top of banana.
3. Place pineapple chunks or marshmallows atop each
toothpick as candles.
4. Top each “candle” with a marachino cherry or a
gumdrop as “flames."
1. The candle lights all the
4. Judah Maccabee lived in .
8. Chanukah takes place in the Hebrew
month of .
10. is money given to children for
13. Judah was the
Jewish leader who defeated the Syrians.
15 . was needed to light the Menorah
in the Temple.
16 . , is a Hebrew letter on the Dreidle.
17. The Jewish General who won back the
Temple was Maccabee.
18 . are a favorite Chanukah
19. We celebrate Chanukah for
20 The Hebrew letter means you
win all in the Dreidle game.
2 . , the Hebrew letter, means
you win half in the Dreidle game.
3. This Hebrew letter, is a
5. Maccabee means
6. Chanukah means
7. The 8-branched candelabrum we
light on Chanukah is a
11. We spin the on
12. In Jerusalem, the
was won back by Judah
14. Each night of Chanukah we light
Solution to Puzzle
FIND HIS WAY
TO THE TEMPLE
Crossword puzzle — designed
by Stein & Stein, “Tashbetz
Davka” Apple II computer
Cartoons — Big Book of Jew
ish Cartoon Clip Art, A.R.E.,
Make-a-Menm-ah — CAJE Mil
waukee Institute, 1988.
Maze — Carolina Agency for