North Carolina Newspapers is powered by Chronam.
Top: Krisit Booker hands list of demands fo
Provost Shelton outside of South Building.
Bottom; Student protesters chant os they
march to South Building to hand Chancellor
Moeser their list of 14 demands.
1. A safe campus environment for
students of color at the University
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
2. A public statement from the
Chancellor in response to the
Genocide Awareness Project (GAP)
and to the advertisement by David
3. The University take a more active
role in the accurate depiction of the
history of underrepresented groups
4. The re-creation of an active
Advisory Board to restore a system
of accountability between the DTH
and Its readership.
5. Establish a mandatory sensitivi
ty/diversity training for University
administrators, faculty and staff.
6. Hold Chapel Hill and Campus
Police publicly accountable in
areas such as raciol profiling and
7. Secure a living wage for house
keepers and groundskeepers.
.8. Provide better working condi
tions/environment for housekeep
ers and groundskeepers
9. Hire more tenured faculty, staff
and administrators of color.
10. Public recognition of contribu
tions of African-Americans to the
11. Ensure better recruitment and
retention of people of color.
12. Supply more monetary support
for the MSRC.
13. Provide better academic sup
port and respect for black athletes.
14. Restore the headstones'in the