North Carolina Newspapers is powered by Chronam.
THE CAI'.!PUS HEKALU
h. SQMG OF THAIIKS (Continued)
Froai the Gulf and the Lakes to the
lord God of Hosts, ne liive Thee thanksi
For the farmer reaping his whitened
For the bounty vdiich the rich soil
For the- cooling uews and’refreshing
For the sun v;hich ripens the golden
i'or the bea.rded v;heat .md the fattened
For the stalled ox and the fruitful
For the tubers larj^e .'ind cotton vdiite.
For the kid and the Itimbkin frisK arid
For 'the swan which floats near the river
Lord Goa of hosts, we give Thee Thanksi
i'or the lov/ly cat and the mansion fair,
For the pechce and plenty together share,
For the Hand which guides us from above.
For thy ti;nder mercies, abiding love.
For the blessed hoiae with its children
' For the returnings of Thanksgiving Day,
' For the bearing toils and the sharing
be lift up our hearts in' our songs and
From the bulf and the Lcakc to the Ocean's
Lord God of Hosts, we give Thee thanks!
V.HEfiE. ^RE THE SENIORS OF "42"?
1. iliss barbara Cooper is attending
bennett College in Greensboro, N. C.
2. ivir. James ri. Hi^ndcrson' is p. student
.t ilajD^^ton Institute, Kaiipton, Va.
3. i'Uss Ruth mason is attending North
Carolina College, Durnam, N. C.
4. «Ir. Jessie Cr^nvs is with' Uncle
5. i'.Iiss Hattie Gr^en is a member of the
stuQc:nt' body of Bennett College; in
6. I,ir. Jimios E. iw-uderson is in Phila.,
7. i/iiss Dardanella bryant-is a student at
*!a.cto eeauty College in Greensboro,N,C,
8. ilr. Vv'illiam T. Henderson is attending
rt. u T. College in Greensboro,N.C.
9. .-liss Ordie B. Shields is v/orking on
ijontgomerv Street in the tailor shop.
10. Fir. Simon Christmas is a big help
.iround his home.
11. iiiss Carrie Pnschall is residing at
home on Adams Street,
12. Miss Susie H. Howard is still home
13. iliss Mable'Massenburg'is working in
Greensboro, North Carolina and attending
Maco Beauty College at night.
14. Miss Sue b. Bullock is residing at
her home in Townsville, North C-.rolina.
It is stated that she intends to go to
DeShazo's beauty College, Durham, N.C.
15. x.'Ess Amerial Brodie is ^vorking
in a cafe in Henderson, N. C.
16. Miss ..-lary Ttiylor is home,
17. x&ss nnnie b. bur‘ton is v/orking
in Nem/ Jersey,
18. ilis’s Josephine Kittrell is a
student at Shavf University, Raleigh,
19. iliss Gladys Sraall has decided to
try home life awhile, - -
20. .Miss Dorothy Roberson has let
cupid guide her he;irt. She is now'
Mrs. Dorothy Parker,
21. ^.liss Bernice Allen is a student
?.t State Normal in Fayetteville,N.C.
22. ilr. Edwin alien is attending
Shaw University, Raleigh, N, C.
23. .liss -Mary E. nnrtrove is in
24. -Ir. Isa c Rowlo.nd is a student
.t Howard University, lE',shington,D.C.
25. I'liss IdOu Lilliams is home,
26. wiiss Edna Fieavis is in New York.
27. --liss Ada bullock is home.
28. .ir. billirini Holtz is attending
blubfield Teachers College in'
Bluefield, L’c st ^ 'Virginia.
29. i/iiss Alice Freeman re.nains home
in Townsville, N. C.
30. i-iiss Louise Gibson is going to
school in her own home town,
31. i/iiss ii-.rion Reid is a student at
Hampton Institute, Hampton, Virginia.
32. iliss Catherine, bullock is home.
33. The tvains, ..-lisses nlimi and Edna
Johnson are hOi.ie in Henderson, N. C,
34. Miss' Dorothy/- Hayes is- going to
St. Paul in Lawrenceville, Virginia.
35. air. Richard Ro’Oerson was attending
school in Baltimore,
"One page digested is better than a
volume hurridely read"-Macauly.
"No svrord bites so fiercely as an evil
tongue"-Sir P. Sidney
"It is well to think well, but it is
divine to act well, "—Horace Mailn,
"Speech is groat but silonce is groater"
"Character is much easier kept than
"True friendship is' a plant of slow
"On rumor's tongue slanders ride."-
"To be proud of learning is the greatest
"Be not merely good, be good for some
"Money is a good servant, but a poor
"Cast d6wn j^'Qur buckets where you are."
Booker T. Washington
"If 2''our business isn't a pleasure
to you—than it will never be a
business for you. "-Douglas Fairbanks