MAY 5, 1952!
HOLDING THE COVETED ARMY-NAVY “E” AWARD (March 27, 1944)
left to right: Harold Mercer, plant manager; Brigadier General Safford, U. S.
Army; the late Russell A. Firestone, Director of The Firestone Tire & Rubber
Company; W. A. Karl, President of Firestone Textiles Division, The Firestone Tire &
Rubber Company; Captain Clay, U. S. Naval Resei’ve; Ben Davis, employee
ONE OF THE NEW CHURCHES to be built in the Firestone Community in the
post-war period v^^as the Firestone Wesleyan Methodist Church at the corner of
Second Avenue and Liberty Street. Since then most of the churches of the community
have rebuilt or remodeled with assistance from Firestone Textiles.
RIDING IN STYLE for the Fifth Annual Cotton Festival Parade (1946),
with appropriate surroundings, are employees: Violet Shealey, Clara Conrad, Mary
Adams, and Evelyn Mayfield.
VISITING WAR HEROES IN 1944 see cord production firsthand. Showing them
the spinning department are Willie Ward, at that time a section man, and (Mrs.)
Ann Turner, spinner.
THE HONOR ROLL gave prominent recognition to our men and women who
served in the Armed Services during World War IL
LAKE JAMES forms a horseshoe inlet which reaches into the heart of Caitnp
Firestone making it convenient for campers to engage in swimming, fishing and|
- ' ' ' - J
AS PART OF THE FIRESTONE TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY’S Fiftieth ’
Anniversary, employees were treated to an exclusive showing (November 6, 1950) of j
the “Greatest Show on Earth”, The Ringling Brothers and Barnam and Bailey Circus. ]
PRIZE WINNING GARDENERS reap harvest of money and vegatables: Left to
to right: Ralph Johnson, recreation director; C. A. Blackwood, night patrolman;
Mrs, C. A. Blackwood; Mrs. Sam Jordan; Sam Jordan, Shop humidifier man; Mrs.
W. T. Beaver, twister tie-in hand; W. T. Beaver, twister doffer; and Harold Mercer,