North Carolina Newspapers

    Raleigh, N. C.
The Pen
of Si Augustine’s College
“Small Enough To Know You, Large Enough To Inform You”
fi
October, 1983
ft
--6S
■
St. Augustine’s College Chapel
The Founder - The Chapel
Since the time of incep
tion of Saint Augustine’s
College in 1867, it has
dedicated itself to the
ethical and moral values
of the Protestant
Episcopal Church and to
the ideals the Church
represents to other
Americans.
On July 15,1985, the cor
nerstone of the Chapel was
laid. The stone for the
foundation and the north
transcept was taken from
the grove near the spring
on Saint Augustine’s
grounds. On Christmas
Day 1895, the first services
were held in the structure
and daily services on Quin-
quagesima Sunday 1896.
The north transcept was
built by students from the
masonry class of the Col
lege in 1904.
St. Augustine’s
College Hymn
God of every nation,
Every race and creed;
Lord of every creature,
Every budding seed;
Friend of every right and
Foe of every wrong
Father, Son, Great Spirit
Listen to our song.
We acknowledge, worship
Love and e’er adore thee
Father, Son, Great Spirit
Holy Trinity.
Saint Augustine’s Col
lege is growing and chang-
ing in many ways.
However, among the
things that have not
changed is the college
Chapel which stands so
majestically in the center
of the campus. It stands as
an ever present symbol of
our faith in God and our
commitment to help in br
ing His Kingdom on earth.
Plan to attend a major National
Conference of Black Organizers
Dec. 1-4, 1983, Atlanta, GA
The conference call and other related materials
available upon request:
Name ^
Address
Phone.
□ Please send me NBOC’s conference call and
other related materials.
Send request to P.O. Box 658, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11233.
    

Page Text

This is the computer-generated OCR text representation of this newspaper page. It may be empty, if no text could be automatically recognized. This data is also available in Plain Text and XML formats.

Return to page view