By Barbara McCreary
Unfortunately, as of this writing, the Friends of the Bogue Banks Public Library’s
Book Nook is still closed for repairs, but that is not going to dampen our holiday
spirits. (Look for information about a Book Nook reopening party at some point in
In the meantime, our current Silent Auction round is designed for just-in-time
holiday gift giving. Our packages include:
1. Nice Catch—Books to share with your littlest angler friends
2. Drawing from Within—Drawing technique books and supplies for the art lovers
in your life or self-inspiration for a new winter hobby
3. All Wrapped Up—A variety of Christmas picture books that come gift wrapped.
Each day a child chooses a book to unwrap and to enjoy some snuggle lap time
with a favorite grown-up.
4. Wishing You a Meowy Christmas—A purr-feet gift of books and cat treats for
lovers of all things feline
5. Maxfield Parrish Bonanza—A collection of poster books, coffee table books
and even commemorative postage stamps focusing on the neoclassical work of
American artist and illustrator Maxfield Parrish. This one is really special.
Bids will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on December 11. We appreciate your
generous support of our library program. The Friends of Bogue Banks Public Library
Board members would all like to wish you “Season’s Readings.”
More library happenings. The Bogue Banks library will be closed for the holidays
on December 24-26 and January 1. The art gallery will feature the artwork of Deb
Covington, winner of the 2018 seafood poster contest, and the showcase will feature
the artwork of Suzanne Sanderson, owner of Waterway Trading Company in New
Preschool Storytime for ages 3-5 is held each Thursday at 10 a.m. with Ms. Brita.
• Thursday, December 6, will be “Merry and Bright.”
• Thursday, December 13, will be “Sankta Lucia”
• Thursday .December 20, will be “Happy Holidays!”
• Thursday, December 27, will be “Too Late to be Good?”
There will be an artist’s reception on Friday, December 14, from 3-4 p.m. Light
refreshments will be served and all are invited.
3pec idm in Cleaning Orienpd 7\rea Kngs
„ PICK-UP i
247-7807 / 638-7020
Professional Service For Over 18 Years
An nCRC Certified Firm
BraODCTBSE WAm COKBC? aOB Vimssmi
■v., -J..... .. ^
24 Hour Emergency
Flood Water Removal Service
• Water Heaters
• Well Pumps
• Sewer & Drain
Friends of the Library auction items (clockwise, from left): Nice Catch, Drawing from Within, All
Wrapped Up, Wishing You a Meowy Christmas and Maxfield Parrish Bonanza
—Photos by Barbara McCreary
•-pi, , f :c,_,
Serving Allot Carteret County
Residential & Commerciai
~-4'r SERVICE IN MOST CASES
: id% OFF'
' St --' C-.
Licensed & Insured
NC License #18993
December 2018 ' I * Tfit! Stiii’^line 19